Date: 15th – 18th August
Venue: Various around Moira
The first ever Moira Food & Drink Festival is coming to Moira village from Thursday 15th August until Sunday 18th August, with Speciality Food Fair the flagship event of the festival running 2 days this year on Saturday and Sunday.
So what’s the line up for the inaugural Moira Food & Drink Festival?
THURSDAY 15TH AUGUST
The restaurant’s and pubs kick off the festival on Thursday evening with:
– The StillHouse Moira Music & Rhyme Karen Mooney (Moira based Poet / radio host) & Alice La – Singer song writer. Starting 7pm [FREE ENTRY]
– Jolly Joe’s pub quiz in Pretty Marys Bar Foodhouse [FREE ENTRY]
FRIDAY 16TH AUGUST
Good jolly family fun is the feature for Friday in the village and demesne.
– Moira Library will be hosting speclal festival storytelling sessions during the afternoon. [FREE].
– The village will come alive with a family-friendly Street Party on the Main Street (in front of The StillHouse and Moira Guest House) with colourful street theatre, kiddies’ disco (6pm – 7.15pm) and live music by local artists (7.30pm – 9pm). [FREE EVENT]
– For those looking a challenge, then the family treasure hunt in Moira Demesne is a must! (Keep posted more details). [FREE EVENT].
– Live music in The Distillery at The StillHouse Moira. Starting 7pm (more details TBC) [FREE ENTRY]
– Live music in Pretty Marys Bar Foodhouse from 10.30pm [FREE ENTRY].
SATURDAY 17TH AUGUST
– Speciality Food Fair in Moira Demesne, 10am–6pm [FREE EVENT]
– Jam Making with Brambleberry Jams in Moira’s Oldest house
on Main Street at 10am-12noon [TICKETS: £20 – see event listing]
– Coffee Tasting and Cupping with local roastery Ristretto upstairs in The Fine Coffee Co. at 10am. [FREE EVENT – NO BOOKING REQUIRED]
– After party with Live Music in The StillHouse Moira Garden with DJ House | Disco | Funk | Soul from 6pm to late. [FREE ENTRY]
– Live music in Pretty Marys Bar Foodhouse from 10.30pm [FREE ENTRY]
SUNDAY 18TH AUGUST
– Speciality Food Fair in Moira Demesne, 11am–5pm [FREE EVENT].
– Family Friendly ‘grill your own’ Garden BBQ with Live Music in the afternoon at The StillHouse Moira [FREE ENTRY: Pay for food & drinks at bar].
For more information on events, where to buy tickets, including the full programme of events visit www.visitlisburncastlereagh.com and click the Going button at the top of the page. You can also follow our Instagram & Twitter feeds for more updates.
For More information on the Moira Food & Drink Festival, please visit: Lisburn & Castlereagh Facebook Page